Installing Php.

cpugeek

Hi, i was wondering how do you install php on a personal computer that's running windows xp?Do i need Apache? or something else?Because all i want is to be able to run my php locally.so can anyone help me?

WAMP and XAMPP both install Apache, MySQL and PHP for you, (XAMPP also contains Perl, I think, wich would be an advantage..)WAMP and XAMPP are "packages" that try to give you an complete and easy-to-use webserver-solution.They both should be easier to install and maintain than if you install the softwares manually...I would recommend XAMPP (Note, I never used any of them... I use GNU/Linux and basically got it all on installation..), it just seams like a better solution (judging from what I've read on the sites, screenshots etc.), but the difference isn't huge..Judge for your self:XAMPP: XAMPP for WinWAMP

Hi, i was wondering how do you install php on a personal computer that's running windows xp?Do i need Apache? or something else?Because all i want is to be able to run my php locally.so can anyone help me?
I've installed PHP/MySQL on a number of XP computers using the Windows installation program from php.net. It had to be on XP Pro because it has IIS built in. Only had to change the php.ini file if using MySQL.

Archived