Caption Positioning

Buoka

I am trying to reduce screen "page" length, particularly with a view to ensuring that all of one subject is viewable on the screen at one time. The section is 3 tables, 2 of data and a small one in between these as a key to the 2nd table.I want the caption to be at the left side of the key table to regain the extra line height "wasted" by the caption being at the top.FF works this fine, IE refuses and the Validator gives me an error, despite FF liking the CSS.My disputed CSS is:

caption.pwc {  caption-side: left;}

and:

table.pwprods {  width: 350px;  background-color: #CFFBD2;  font-size: 9pt;  border-collapse: separate;  border-spacing: 2px;  border-color: #000000;  caption-side: left;}

FF likes but the Validator report says:

Value Error : caption-side left is not a caption-side value : left
The Validator message itself is not best helpful to me.Can anyone please correct this so both IE and FF give me left sided caption and the Validator is happy too

IE6 doesn't support caption-side. And caption-side doesn't exist in CSS 2.1 (what the css validator uses by default). You can specify it to use CSS 2.0 though manually.
Thanks Croatiankid - is it the same for IE7 as that is what I use when "forced" into IE? How to specity CSS2.0, please.Thanks againBuoka

Archived