Video with photos and text

kurt.santo

Want to create a simple Video sequence with 6 photos on one layer and text on another to blend it nicely in and out. Is there anything I need to consider before I start putting the the whole thing together? And how important is a pre-loader?Any help appreciated,Kurt

The pre-loader is important to keep the client informed that something is still happening, if you have a big movie that loads when clicks a button. the movie is loading but there is no pre-loader, no information that it is loading the client will probably assume that the page breacked or something and eventualy leave the page...

The pre-loader is important to keep the client informed that something is still happening, if you have a big movie that loads when clicks a button. the movie is loading but there is no pre-loader, no information that it is loading the client will probably assume that the page breacked or something and eventualy leave the page...
Obi1,I have just finished this morning a preloader to stay on the safe side. Do you have any other recommendations for a Flash newbie? Is it ok to have frame 1 and 2 for the preloader and once the bytes are loaded just progress from frame 3 with the content? How can reduce file size and stuff like this? Is there anything to watch out for when I export the whole thing to use in my webpage? Would be great to receive some general feedback.Cheers,Kurt

I'm no expert in flash either but i don't think there's no problem about using frames 1 and 2 for your pre-loader and then go to frame 3 when finishes loading, in fact that's how i'm used to do it.About the rest, i don't know probably someone will know to answer you better than me.There's something i think its pretty cool an handy, google for AC_RunActiveContent, it's a javascript that automaticaly activates your content instead of showing that "click to activate and use this content", nothing important though... just to make it look better.Big up

I'm no expert in flash either but i don't think there's no problem about using frames 1 and 2 for your pre-loader and then go to frame 3 when finishes loading, in fact that's how i'm used to do it.About the rest, i don't know probably someone will know to answer you better than me.There's something i think its pretty cool an handy, google for AC_RunActiveContent, it's a javascript that automaticaly activates your content instead of showing that "click to activate and use this content", nothing important though... just to make it look better.Big up
Cheers,Kurt

Archived