form Legend

S@m

Is there a way to make the legend take up 100% of the width?Currently if I put a background color with my legend, it will only take up as much room as there is text.Ideally I would like the color to go clear across the entire form I am building.I have tried display:block, 100% width...I'm not sure if this is even possible?

I had the display:block on the legend element. I haven't tried the form element. I wish I could upload an image directly to this post. I can't get out past our firewall to upload an image. :)CSS:

#application legend {margin:0;padding:5px 10px 3px 10px;text-decoration:underline;color:#fff;background:#db5e00 url(images/app_h5-bkg.gif) top left repeat-x;border:1px solid #7e3600;}.legendshaddow {border-top:1px solid #ccc;}

[code]<fieldset><legend>Your Location</legend><div class="legendshaddow"> </div><p class="required">* indicates a required field</p>[/code]

(the form continues on)The legendshaddow spans across the entire form, just not the legend background. It starts and stops only where "Your Location" text is.

Archived