I need help about ASP.net controls and .net AJAX controls and firijng events

mad_potty_head

hi all,I wanna ask about several things.1- when I am using AJAX controls with ASP.net, do the page fire all previous fired events again for every page reload ?2- can I fire events on objects or controls created and fired during the runtime ?if yes, then How can i do such thing ?Regards,mad_potty_head

I'll assume you mean the ASP.Net AJAX Extensions. No the page does not reload. AJAX is sending a seperate request to the server which only executes what is requested and sends back the response and the Controls (ie UpdatePanel) using JavaScript usdates the page content.

if you are creating controls at runtime then you will have to setup all the AJAX settings related to those controls programmatically from the code behind at runtime instead of as user controls in the HTML.

I already have the AJAX.net extension. My problem now is that i want to create an object control during runtime and assign event handler to it through runtime.can u help me in this, if u can support it with a code sample it will be gr8 kind of u.....thnxregards,mad_potty_head

Archived