Conveting to XHTML

DaNuGai

First of all, I am some what new to XHTML and I want convert my website to XTHML so it looks good on Windows Mobile Internet Explorer (WMIE). I type www.w3schools.com on WMIE and it looks exactly the way it does on firefox or IE6, where as my website looks good on any comptuer with any browser but it just doesn't look good on WMIE.The following is the table structure of my website, which I can't seem to convert to XTHML. My main problem is height="100%" & align="center"I would really appreciate some help.

<table width="774" height="100%" bgcolor="white" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" >   <tr>   	  <td width="4"><!-- left border goes here //--></td>   	  <td width="764" height="100%" valign="top">		 <table width="100%" height="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">			<tr height="200">			   <td><!-- header goes here //--></td>			</tr>			<tr height="50">			   <td><!-- menu goes here //--></td>			</tr>			<tr height="100%">			   <td><!-- content goes here //--></td>			</tr>		 </table>	  </td>   	  <td height="4"><!-- right border goes here //--></td>      </tr></table>

replace

height="

with

style="height:

(in any text editor)For the text-align.... there shouldn't be any problems as long as you use the XHTML 1.0 Transitional DTD:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Yeah... I forgot... everywhere you use pixels, you should explicitly declare so, like:

style="height:20px;"

That is something which couldn't have been added with a search&replace. You'll have to do it manually.

Archived