membership control problem

sansat6699

hi i am using vs2005 asp.net(c#) for developement. i created forms using default login controls provided by studio. but when user is logged in another useer can logged in with same username and password what solution on that can any body healp methank you,

hi i am using vs2005 asp.net(c#) for developement. i created forms using default login controls provided by studio. but when user is logged in another useer can logged in with same username and password what solution on that can any body healp methank you,
no body to help me

If I underastand you correctly, that is normal. You can open this forum in 10 windows and login 10 times. You can even do that with Windows Sessions. I can log into our server at work from every workstation in the building at the same time.

The only way that you would be able to accomplish something like this is if you were to keep track of who is currently logged into their accounts. Whether that information was stored in a session variable, a database table, or a file on your server, you would need to record when people log in and when they log out. Then, like in this forum, you would have to keep track of every time a page is loaded for the user to update the time of their last action. Then, if any user hasn't done anything in, say, 15 minutes, you could assume that they are no longer actively logged in and remove them from your list of logged in users.Then, each time someone logs in, you would need to check the user against your list of currently logged in users to make sure that the user isn't currently already logged in.

The only way that you would be able to accomplish something like this is if you were to keep track of who is currently logged into their accounts. Whether that information was stored in a session variable, a database table, or a file on your server, you would need to record when people log in and when they log out. Then, like in this forum, you would have to keep track of every time a page is loaded for the user to update the time of their last action. Then, if any user hasn't done anything in, say, 15 minutes, you could assume that they are no longer actively logged in and remove them from your list of logged in users.Then, each time someone logs in, you would need to check the user against your list of currently logged in users to make sure that the user isn't currently already logged in.
thank youany body here implemented such restriction over users can anybody guide me,what is standerd way for doing it.please..

Archived