concatenating array values as a string

V for Vincent

Hi there,I guess this sounds pretty simple, but I can't figure out how to loop through an array and return a string of comma separated values. I'm working on a mailer script that allows you to check a few names and send an e-mail to the right people (given that mailto is useless when your visitors don't use a properly configured client...). The checked boxes produce an array called 'functies', and it is this array which I would like to transform into a string so that I can use it as a header in the mail() function.

function recipients() {foreach($_POST['functies'] as $functie) {return "$functie,";}}

and

$recipients = recipients();

would be the relevant snippets of code here. The 'functies' array contains the checked names. Now, I know that the return statement keeps overwriting previous output, causing mails to arrive in a single person's mailbox. What I don't know is how to solve the issue. I've been trying to concatenate the different 'functie' variables (which is why they have a comma appended to them), but I haven't had much luck so far.Thanks for taking the trouble to look at this.

try this

function recipients() {	$str = "";	$counter = 0;	foreach($_POST['functies'] as $functie) 	{		if($counter == 0)			$str .= $functie;		else			$str .= ",{$functie}";		$counter++;	}}

Wouldn't

$recipients = implode(',',$_POST['functies']);

be sufficient?

Archived