browser optimization

louandel

Hii was just about to upload my web site so I thought I would check it in other browsers. I use IE6 and I checked it in netscape and mozilla (latest versions I think) Both had the same problem. A couple of the layers with text in seem too small and the tables seem to be larger. Perhaps adding too much padding. Does anyone know whether this is a well known problem with these browsers and if so if there is a get around?thankslouandel

without specific examples or code, its hard to say. But what you describe sounds more like an issue with how the page is coded - whether its the HTML or the CSS. And if this is happening in other browsers, then its more likely a stylesheet definition or reference that is not correctly coded.

without specific examples or code, its hard to say. But what you describe sounds more like an issue with how the page is coded - whether its the HTML or the CSS. And if this is happening in other browsers, then its more likely a stylesheet definition or reference that is not correctly coded.
You're right it was the html. What was happening: I had text in table cells and for some reason it was making them overly large and making the whole table huge. By putting padding, and margin to 0 , and align bottom within <p></P> as a CSS class it reconfigured the table perfectly in firefox, mozilla, netscape and konkerer. So it wasnt the browsers. It was me not putting enough effort into putting the size of margins in i suppose. this maybe useful to others. i know i dont pay enough attention to margins.louandel

Archived