Image problems

shadowayex

Ok, I'm build a site and the computer screen I'm building on has a resolution of 1024 x 768. I have a certain layout that has three table cells set to take a certain percentage of the page. I put the image in the cell furthest left and make it look good, then test it on an 800 x 600 resolution because a lot of people use that resolution, too. The image of course gets larger and screws up my layout. Is there any way to fix this? I don't like to do too much resizing because it distorts the image and makes it look bad. Help?

Well... you could use a smaller image, but if you don't want to resize the image then this is pretty much the only way, as without changing the size you can't, well, change the layout.

I've ran into this problem recently, and I would also recommend a smaller image.Have you got an example of how they look like in both resolutions?Alternatively something I haven't seen much of nowadays is creating 2 separate sitesand allow people to choose which one they want to suit their resolution. Not something I'dpersonally do.

Ok, well I broke down and resized the image, doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, but I liked it better the other way. Oh well, can't have everything. Thanks for answering everybody. Peace.

I've ran into this problem recently, and I would also recommend a smaller image.Have you got an example of how they look like in both resolutions?Alternatively something I haven't seen much of nowadays is creating 2 separate sitesand allow people to choose which one they want to suit their resolution. Not something I'dpersonally do.
Yahoo has a seperate layout for different screen resolutions - click on the "Page Options" --> "Switch to narrow layout" button up the top.

Archived