IE label width

S@m

IE seems to cut off the width of any long label or text that I have on my form.Firefox will adjust and inherit to the width of the form (100%)Example:I have a really long string of text like this for a label or a span in my form.Firefox would display it all on 1 line.For some reason, IE would cut it off after "text" and wrap the rest on 2 lines.If I force IE and set the width of the container div to 100%, IE is fine. However I can't set that width because I have several inputs floated next to each other. (first name, last name) Setting 100% width causes my form to explode. :)I am looking for bugs, and found inline-block, but I'm not sure that is what I need.

Sure my apologies. The app is sitting on an internal server so I am unable to post a link.HTML

<div id="application"><div class="frm_element">   <label for "myinput">This is a really long input title that goes way past the size of the input. IE will chop this off about 1/2 way through.</label>   <input type="text" id="myinput" size="5" maxwidth="5" title="something">   <p>Or, if I have a long string of text here, IE will wrap it on 2 lines even though there isn't a width restriction on it.</p></div></div>

CSS

#application {float:left;position:relative;clear:both;width:100%;margin-top:15px;border:1px solid #ccccb2;}.frm_element {float:left;clear:left;margin-top:10px;}label {cursor:pointer;display:block;padding-bottom:1px;}

Now, if I give the frm_element class a width of 100%, IE will keep everything on 1 line. The width of my form is 775px wide. I have the container (application) set to 100% width. No other widths have been set. Firefox will only wrap the text if it runs out of room (which is to be expected)

Archived