Problem with uploading files to my website

Guest rameshgavva

Guest rameshgavva

Hai FriendsI designed my own website named www.chetanasprojects.com, and I prepared all webpages in visual studio 2005 with .aspx extension for example index.aspx,I uploaded this file to my website but it is not opening(www.chetanasprojects.com/index.aspx).. and one more doubt is is it necessary it upload all supporting files like index.aspx.cs,webconfig files etcI need some information about where I have to place this file in my website(is it necessary to create any folder name like wwwroot or etc) or is it necessary to buy any package for executing my index.aspx pagefor more detail...I am opening my webpage with ftp://chetanasprojects.comand after giving my ftp id and passwrd....all files are appearing in my website....I uploaded this index.aspx file there,but it is not executing...I am not getting any output...I am eagerly waiting for replyThank you

Hai FriendsI designed my own website named www.chetanasprojects.com, and I prepared all webpages in visual studio 2005 with .aspx extension for example index.aspx,I uploaded this file to my website but it is not opening(www.chetanasprojects.com/index.aspx).. and one more doubt is is it necessary it upload all supporting files like index.aspx.cs,webconfig files etcI need some information about where I have to place this file in my website(is it necessary to create any folder name like wwwroot or etc) or is it necessary to buy any package for executing my index.aspx pagefor more detail...I am opening my webpage with ftp://chetanasprojects.comand after giving my ftp id and passwrd....all files are appearing in my website....I uploaded this index.aspx file there,but it is not executing...I am not getting any output...I am eagerly waiting for replyThank you
Remeber one thing never upload your code files to a web server. files like .cs, .vb. resx and other files that contains your code are not suppose to be uploaded. rest of the files u can uploadSecondly alway upload your project after building it as a Release. Build in Release version causes code optimization.No need to create wwwroot etc folders.default its created in Windows server,u can upload directly your files into That folderIf you have stored your files in any folder instead of the root folder in your website then try deleting the web.config file from the folder and copy it in the root folder....... and also copy the contents of your bin folder(DLL's) in the bin folder of the root as well as inside that folder of yours.U can use Copy project option in Microsoft visual studio 2005 for deploying the applicationMay be this information will help uThanks

Archived