PLEASE HELP - OSX/HTML Query

IARCHER

I cannot perform the function below. I am working with Windows Vista - please advise step. When I transcribe the steps in Notepad, I do not see where to make the edits to preferences. Thank you. What/Where is OSX?In OSX start TextEdit and change the following preferences: Open the the "Format" menu and select "Plain text" instead of "Rich text". Then open the "Preferences" window under the "Text Edit" menu and select "Ignore rich text commands in HTML files". Your HTML code will probably not work if you do not change the preferences above!

OSX is an operating system, like Vista (it stands for Operating System 10). It is the Apple Corporation's system that you use to make a computer run, just like Vista or XP or Linux. You won't "find" it in Vista as you can only run one operating system at a time, and most machines only support one type of operating system. What the instructions are trying to say is that if you use the OSX operating system, then you should go to the application TextEdit, etc. If you have Vista, then you should just use Notepad, and ignore instructions that are for the OSX operating system.

Archived