Mobile ASP Partial Page Updates

snail71

I assume you are talking about ASP.Net since you mentioned UpdatePanel. I am moving this topic.What mobile devices are you targeting? Devices like the iPhone should be fine as well as any other device that will run Opera Mini

I assume you are talking about ASP.Net since you mentioned UpdatePanel. I am moving this topic.What mobile devices are you targeting? Devices like the iPhone should be fine as well as any other device that will run Opera Mini
Yes it is ASP.net. My example works with Opera Mobile. It doesn't work with iPhone which is one of my targeted devices. I need it to work with Internet Explorer for mobile.Another issue I am having is that when my webservice returns certain data in the above call I need to alert the user. I would like to be able to automatically play a sound. Any help would be greatly appreciatted.

Iphone uses a variation of Safari so the first place to start would be to make sure it works on Safari for the PC. You'll need to read up on the documentation for both those browsers to see what their limitations are and how you can achieve what you need.

Archived