XML fresher want sum help

webspider25

The XML tutorial alone is sufficient. However, in order to make use of XML you need to know another language with which to process it. Even the turorial says that. Almost any language you can think of today is XML aware. In other words, it has some functions and/or classes that let you work with an XML file.The easiest way to see XML in action is probably with XSLT. In order to use XSLT though, you'll have to learn XPath as well (sounds like too much, but really, it isn't). XPath is a language for selecting portions of XML. It's what actually makes XML more useful then just a plain text file - it allows you to easily focus on a certain string, or a further node set ("sub XML" if you wish) and work with it (eg. show it to the user).Read thru the XPath and XSLT tutorials after the XML one. You'll only start to see things up then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thanks for the advice i am very confuse agin as wat is the use of xml and where will i use the xml????I am also learning the dtd tutorial.....It will help me or not???If some one can give me real world exmaple of XML and dtd i will be very greatful to him/herThanksBye

The XML tutorial alone is sufficient. However, in order to make use of XML you need to know another language with which to process it. Even the turorial says that. Almost any language you can think of today is XML aware. In other words, it has some functions and/or classes that let you work with an XML file.The easiest way to see XML in action is probably with XSLT. In order to use XSLT though, you'll have to learn XPath as well (sounds like too much, but really, it isn't). XPath is a language for selecting portions of XML. It's what actually makes XML more useful then just a plain text file - it allows you to easily focus on a certain string, or a further node set ("sub XML" if you wish) and work with it (eg. show it to the user).Read thru the XPath and XSLT tutorials after the XML one. You'll only start to see things up then.

wat is the use of xml and where will i use the xml????
XML is the foundation of today's markup languages.By using other languages, you could make XML do whatever you want, including (but not limited to) transforming it to XHTML for presentation's sake or a PDF file (by turning it into FO, which would then on turn it to PDF). So it's use is whatever you want it to be and you can use it wherever you want to use it.
I am also learning the dtd tutorial.....It will help me or not???
It's not really useful if you ask me. DTD is used for validating XML, or in other words - to define what elements/attributes can occur at a particular place in the XML file. Nothing more and nothing less.Imagine XHTML's DTD for example. It defines that the id, class, etc. attributes can occur on any element, and that body appears only as a child of html, etc.When you forge your own languages for personal use, you wouldn't need to do that as you know what's acceptable in your own language. And if you do (say for example that you create a language that other people would like to use), XML Schema (or as version 1.1 is called - XSDL) is a far better alternative to DTD.
If some one can give me real world exmaple of XML and dtd i will be very greatful to him/her
XHTML. What more real example then that? XHTML is an XML based representation of HTML. Still, in it's core, it's XML. Web browsers and other software read this XML file, and by using their own methods, they turn it into what you see. The languages with which those "user agents" are written are all XML aware and use a standard program for all XML based languages, including XHTML.Where you could use XML, or in other words "create your own language" is highly dependant on the problem at hand. In general, you could use it as a small database to hold structured data. The benefits then are pretty much the same as databases. And that's probably what newbies should usually practice. I've practiced it too.If you're looking as to what to learn next that would help you make use of XML, I told you, learn XPath and XSLT. They are the two things that will get you up to speed.

Archived