regular expression

joecool2005

HiWhen I do this

Dim regExp As RegularExpressionValidator	regExp = New RegularExpressionValidator	regExp.ValidationExpression = "[a-z][0-9]"	Response.Write(regExp.isValid)

How do I assign value on "regExp" to validate with my regular expression?For example: I want to assign value "ABC" and validate .ThxJoe

Thanks for your replyBy adding regExp.ControlToValidate = "textbox1" to my code, now I have a code like this

<script runat=server>Sub ValidateForm(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)Dim regExp As RegularExpressionValidator	regExp = New RegularExpressionValidator	regExp.ValidationExpression = "[a-z][0-9]"	regExp.ControlToValidate = "textbox1"	Response.Write(regExp.isValid)end sub</script><asp:TextBox id="textbox1" runat="server" /><asp:Button id=Button1 value="submit" runat="server" OnClick="ValidateForm" />

And it does not work inside of the functionI would like to run inside a function. What should I change?

Why does it need to be created in an event handler? And if it needs to be created on the server, dynamically, why not do so in the Page_Load?If it doesn't need to be dynamic, you can put it directly in the aspx:

<asp:TextBox id="textbox1" runat="server" /><asp:RegularExpressionValidator runat="server" ControlToValidate="textbox1" 	 ErrorMessage="Doesn't match expression" ValidationExpression="[a-z][0-9]" /><asp:Button id=Button1 value="submit" runat="server" />

Also keep in mind that "[a-z][0-9]" will match any of the following:d4gggqw7gww%$#$@%@@%@@%h6(AF@@kl

Archived