XPath selection on tag contents

GrandiJoos

Hi,I have never used XPath before and could not find an example that comes close to my problem.I have the following XML file (a wikinews dump):

<mediawiki>  <page>	<title>Image:Wiki.png</title>	<id>1</id>	<restrictions>move=sysop:edit=sysop</restrictions>	<revision>	  <id>92375</id>	  <timestamp>2005-06-29T02:57:00Z</timestamp>	  <contributor>		<username>NGerda</username>		<id>2442</id>	  </contributor>	  <text xml:space="preserve">Wikinews logo.{{CopyrightByWikimedia}}</text>	</revision>  </page></mediawiki>

(with more <page> elements of course)I would like to only select those pages (the titles and text tags) where the title does not contain 'category:' or 'Image:' or 'Template:' etc. or just does not contain ':' (I do not have all the pages, only most of them).What would be the right XPath expression?Any help is greatly appreciated!GrandiJoos

If you're sure there isn't any <page/> with a real title containing ":", as in, a real article, you can use:

/mediawiki/page[contains(title,':')]

If you're sure there isn't any <page/> with a real title containing ":", as in, a real article, you can use:
/mediawiki/page[contains(title,':')]

And how do I test if the <title> does not contain a ':' and then select only the title and text terms?GrandiJoos :)

Opps... forgot we're searching negatives... simply put a not() wrap to onvert the match:

/mediawiki/page[not(contains(title,':'))]

Archived