probs with positioning

amrita

I want to place a picture at a specific place on my page, so in css i use div to position it, however it does not place itself where i tell it to..what am i doing wrong or forgetting in the code? And also the background image is completely off in firefox - why?<code>body {margin: 0px;background-color: #000000;text-align: center;}#main {background-image: url(../images/baggrund.gif);background-repeat: no-repeat;width: 1024px;height: 768px;margin-left: -512px;margin-right: -512px;margin-top: 0px;text-align: center;}#picture {position: absolute;left: 300px;top: 219px;width: 649px;height: 316px;}</code>

you set the body as margin:0; so the page is centered. But you use absolute positioning for your picture. Height attribute also does not work in CSS. With the background image, where do you want it? With that code it will sit in the top left corner...And whats with the minus margins?:)

you set the body as margin:0; so the page is centered. But you use absolute positioning for your picture. Height attribute also does not work in CSS. With the background image, where do you want it? With that code it will sit in the top left corner...And whats with the minus margins?:)
I want the background to be centered on the page.. and it is in IE 6, but not in FF - i've used the minus margins before to center something - is that what's causing the problem? And I want the picture to be placed left: 300px; top: 219px; - but it isn't :-/

Archived