New to XML: Splitting into individual XML files

vukers

Hi guys,I'm new to XML programming, and I was wondering what the quickest way to make the following program would be:If I had a XML file that had around 20 items:

<newsML>     <item>          <text>Good morning</text>          <id>42567</id>     </item>     <item>          <text>Good evening</text>          <id>52567</id>     </item>...</newsML>

and I wanted to split each <item> into individual XML files, what would be the best way to approach this? Thanks a lot!

Hi guys,I'm new to XML programming, and I was wondering what the quickest way to make the following program would be:If I had a XML file that had around 20 items:
<newsML>     <item>          <text>Good morning</text>          <id>42567</id>     </item>     <item>          <text>Good evening</text>          <id>52567</id>     </item>...</newsML>

and I wanted to split each <item> into individual XML files, what would be the best way to approach this? Thanks a lot!

I'm not too familiar with xlink, but this sort of task could be accomplished using a server side scripting language like cold fusion - for one. What would you use for the filname - the value of the <id> tag?

exactly... we would name each item according to the id tag.however, it doesn't need to be server side.Ideally, I would download the complete xml file to my computer, and then run a program that splits it into individual xml files in the same folder.That should actually be simpler.. what do you guys think?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...