ASP.Net learning curve - how steep

risenshine

Hi,I dont have any significant programming experience, just some UNIX admin experience. I am thinking of learning ASP.NET. What kind of a learning curve should I expect. Also, to take the MCAD, how long does it take to prepare.The problem some how with me about programming has been...for some reason I have not been able to get past the 'arrays' program while learning...I dont have the aptitude? or is it I dont apply myself enough? Trying to find out.If I dont have the aptitude, I want to leave this programming thing alone and try to do Oracle/business analysis or something less programming intensive.Also, for a while now I have been debating whether I should go the JAVA way or the Microsoft way... any insights?Thanks in advanceSara

ASP.NET is different from ASP in many ways...it is Object Oriented and has the full power of VB and C# not just VBScript or JavaScript.It is difficult to learn, i was a first for me, but once you get it is writing a book. The concepts of OO programming are more important than syntax. If you understand the lanaguage and know what you want to do you can find a million examples on the web.JAVA is good if you are a Linux person because it is cross platform while ASP.Net is tied to Windows. Both are great languages you just need ot know what best suits for goals and needs.