XSLT --> XSLFO

yoonsingng

XSLT does not get converted to PDF. XSL-FO itself is the format that gets turned into PDF. If you have another XML document, you can use XSLT to turn it into XSLT-FO, from which point you can turn it into a PDF. Read this topic for further explanation on this.What you need is a FO editor and a FO processor. One editor that I know includes Apache FOP as a FO processor is Stylus Studio, and I very much reccomend it. In it's XSLT editor, you can choose an XML file, which you'll then transform with a stylesheet to XSL-FO, and then (if set in the Scenario options), you can turn it into a PDF. Unfortunatly, Stylus Studio does not have a WYSIWYG editor for FO files yet. Not as far as I know anyway.

In other words, the work your existing XSLT does is to transform an input XML document into its current output form (which may also be XML). You now need to update/replace that existing XSLT with XSLT that transforms your input XML into a different output document. That output document is an XSL-FO document. An XSL-FO document is just an XML document containing XSL-FO formatting information.

Archived