Problem with indices?

Guest stoffel

Guest stoffel

I am executing this query. The execution time is unacceptable (1min for 2000 records). Can anybody tell me how i can optimize my sql or my indices in the tables?select art.art,art.desc,book1.cust,book1.pricefrom PUB.artjoin PUB.prbk as book1on art.company='company1'and art.company=book1.companyand book1.grp='00000526'and art.art=book1.artand book1.cust=(select max(book2.cust)from PUB.prbk as book2where book1.company=book2.companyand book1.grp=book2.grpand book1.art=book2.artand (book2.cust='BRONFRITUUR' or book2.cust=''))Table art:fields: company,art,descindex: company+artTable prbkfields: company,art,grp,cust,priceindex: company+grp+art+cust

I am executing this query. The execution time is unacceptable (1min for 2000 records). Can anybody tell me how i can optimize my sql or my indices in the tables?...
Most of those conditions are WHERE conditions, not join conditions. Try:
select art.art,art.desc,book1.cust,book1.pricefrom PUB.art join PUB.prbk as book1 on book1.company = art.companywhere art.company='company1'and...(everything else)

It would also help if you gave the tables an integer ID field rather than using the string "company" as the ID. The join would then be on the integer field.

Archived