Having trouble getting started

fbxxkl

Hello everyone, I am new to the boards here but I am looking for some guidance.I am making a web page for my soccer team but I have a problem, I dont know what to use for the features I am looking for.I know what I want to design but I dont know what code and such I should be using for each feature basically. For example I would like people other than me to be able to post new information in the news section. So basically they log in, they have the option to post a new news topic and so on.I guess my question is should I be looking for a template or predesign for these types of feature or is it way out of my league to design my own.My knowledge expands just beyond html, but I have a pretty good ability to learn and I follow the coding pretty well beyond.Any tips would be hugely appreciated.Thank you so much.

Have you thought of using a Content Management System (CMS) such as Joomla! or Wordpress? With these you can start with an already developed system and create your design around it.However, if you want to try to learn so that you could create your own system then you can start with a server-side language such as PHP, and also have a look at a database management system such as SQL.

Learn PHP then SQL, you will need to use SQL in the context of PHP (or else you can select data from your database but can't do anything with it).

Archived