setting your own get variables?

coolgamer48

Okay, so let's say we have a page called index.php, and we have two buttons - sign in, and register.Could we make it so that the sign in button directs you to index.php?action=sign_inand the register button directs you to index.php?action=registerand then based on the action variable we would do different things, like

if ($_POST["action"] == "sign_in"){	include("sign_in.php");}else if ($_POST["action"] == "regster){	include("register.php");}

would that work?

We could, but why not make links instead. It's easier and more starightforward.I mean it's just:

<a href="?action=sign_in">Sign in</a><a href="?action=register">Register</a>

And yes... what you plan will work (though I see a missing quote in the second if, but you've got the idea correctly already).

Since the pages are going to have all the same stuff except the main content, I just thought it would be easier for me to organize if I had the different content separated away from all the other stuff that I don't need to worry about.You're kind of right though, I modeled the rest of my site with just links, but I have a feeling that sending different variables is going to become more useful as I make things more complex.

YEAH ITS POSSIBLE ON MY index PAGE i have most of the features on it instead of having different different files i.e

switch("$action"){case signin://sign in form break;case signup://sign up formbreak;case main://main pagebreak;case inbox://inbox menubreak;default://front pagehere you have the link to sign in page and sign up i.ehref=\"index.php?action=signinhref=\"index.php?action=signin}close switch()

i use the switch statement to use less if statement cos at times we often misplace a brace so we having less if state ment thats less prob

Archived