Webform issue..

moneytree

Hi everyone ,I am new to html code and tried to re-configure my existing webform on my site.It's a free web site for me from a company after I signed up its internet marketing course.The following is the html code which I had written and would like to insert and replace with my existing webform.My main objective for this webform is to collect opt-in data from those peoples who visited my site.The system should work in this manner...if a visitor filled in his/her name,email address and clicked the submit button,it will send out the opt-in data to my webmail account.Once the opt-in data had received,the system should reply to the visitor with a confirmation message with a free gifts down load link like : Thank you,click here.....for your freegifts.However,I have no idea on how to creat " a visitor confirmation message " for my webform.Please kindly advice the following :1 ) Can I insert and replace my existing webform ( Get Instant Email Tips / which can be seen at the top-left of my site at www.moneymakeyourich.com ) with the following code ? My concern is my existing webform is designed in such a way eg,inside a box,can the new html code fix in this box ?<html><body><form METHOD="post" ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="mailto:moneytree@moneymakeyourich.com"><h3 align="center">Get your Free Gifts!<h3>First Name :<input type="text" name="FirstName" size="20"><br> Last Name :<input type="text" name="LastName" size="20"><br>Email Address :<input type="text" name="Emailaddress" size="20"><br><input type="Submit" value="submit"></form><p>Important:I will never share your informations with anyone !And you can unsubscribe at any time</p></body></html>2 ) What should I do in order to replace my existing webform with the new ones ?3 ) What is the html code for " visitor confirmation message " ? Base on the above mentioned new html code ,where to place this code ?4 ) Is there any better html code which can fulfil my main objective for the purpose of this webform issue ? I am open to any advice and assistance from you and look forward to hear from you soon.Thank you.Best regardsKTTOH

So, if I click Submit, you want it to send an email to you, so if I put in bob@bob.com, it would send you a message, from bob@bob.com? and then send a message with a download link of some sort?one big problem: that form would not send a mail, it would pop-up a window using outlook/some other mail program with no text, subject, or anything. just a window saying to: moneytree@moneymakeyourich.com ... Use PHP, not JavaScript. read over the PHP mail thing, and then if you need anyhelp, post in the PHP forum.

Hi CloneTrooper9494,Many thanks for your time and effort to replied my queries over webform issue.After written the html code for this webform,I had tested it in notepad by entered my name,emial address followed by the submit,it really sent the data to my webmail account.Is it consider this webform is working since it is able to sent out opt-in data to my webmail account ? I am talking about the sending out function of the webform.I am sorry to asked you this question as I am new to html code ( let alone PHP ) and this is my first time to design the webform.I will read over the PHP mail thing, and seek help in the PHP forum.Thank you very much and have a nice day.Best regardsKTTOH :)

Look up php mail() function.You'll need to know how to create forms in html, validate form inputs in php (including email address validation checks using regular expressions), and send mail in php.Start reading through w3schools.com. What you're trying to do is neither simple or easy. That, and don't create multiple posts for the same topic. Ex.http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=17361

Archived