user comments form editing/mysql database?

paulmo

using a comments form php script from digitalmidget, tech support not offered due to free script, wondering with user comments form/database set up with mysql admin on godaddy server, how to edit/delete user comments, add admin comments etc? is this done on the database end or would it be in a file? comments are posting but no idea how to edit on admin end...getting mysql error messages when trying to retrieve database info it seems. OR, please recommend a user comments form that appears on site (not mail form) to a total noob?

how to edit/delete user comments, add admin comments etc?
You can delete / edit comments directly from PHPMyAdmin.
is this done on the database end or would it be in a file?
MySQL is a database management system.
getting mysql error messages when trying to retrieve database info it seems.
What sort of errors?
OR, please recommend a user comments form that appears on site (not mail form) to a total noob?
Try making one yourself using PHP and SQL - it isn't that hard. If you learn the relevant languages they will also help you with web development in the future.

ok thanks...will spend today setting up apache/mysql to see php on my machine...combining javascript and php scripts in the same doc seems to be messing up my external css file. maybe seeing php on my machine will help streamline troubleshooting.

Archived