Nothing to to with web design

Kovo

This is a general inquiry.I am wondering, what would happen to my domains if say, my host who is also a registrar shuts down? (Netfirms)I don't see this happening, but in the unlikely event, what would happen to domain holders who registered with Netfirms for example?Thanks.btw, just realized the misspelling in title lol

Depends if your registrar is actually just a trading name for a bigger company. Or a smaller company acting on behalf of a bigger company.Never really thought about it before..but if your hosting company goes down, then your website will go down, but you still own the domain name. However, since your registered and hosting with the same company (generally a bad idea), then i'm not so sure...hope this helps a little:)

thats kind scary....lolI have 20+ domains hosted with them and 10+ websites...dammit!
Well, that's what backups are for you know.As for the domains, I think practically they own it, but if they were to one day shut down, they'll probably transfer you to another company and give you the password for the other registar's services.

Well, that's what backups are for you know.As for the domains, I think practically they own it, but if they were to one day shut down, they'll probably transfer you to another company and give you the password for the other registar's services.
I backup more than the government does :)

I guess the gods are laughing at me right now, but it seems as though netfirms has been wiped off the map... all netfirms sites are down, the netfirms company site is down and the phone number automatically hangs up on you..... amazing irony here.

Archived