Using XSLT transform multiple XML statements

welcomemarie

If I have multiple XML statements, such as following:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><statement> <stmnt success='ok'>select 'ok' where 1=1 and 2=2</stmnt> <stmnt success='abc'>select 'a'||'b'||'c' where 1=0 or 1=1</stmnt> <stmnt success='yes'>select 'ok' where not exists (select 'mustfail' where 1=0 and 2=0)</stmnt></statement>and I use xsl.copy to transform them into .fo file:"<xsl:template match="*|@*|comment()|processing-instruction()"> <xsl:apply-templates select="*|@*|comment()|processing-instruction()|text()"/></xsl:template>"but after that, I can discover only one of the statements <stmnt success='ok'>select 'ok' where 1=1 and 2=2</stmnt> can be processed. Do you have any idea for processing multiple XML statement? Thanks!

If we assume the text() template copies the text, doing nothing else, I don't think you should be seeing anything but the text... unless there are far more templates, which I don't see however.If in addition to your template you create a template like

<xsl:template match="stmnt">...</xsl:template>

it should process every stmnt element in the stylesheet.

If we assume the text() template copies the text, doing nothing else, I don't think you should be seeing anything but the text... unless there are far more templates, which I don't see however.If in addition to your template you create a template like
<xsl:template match="stmnt">...</xsl:template>

it should process every stmnt element in the stylesheet.

Actually, I only need the text because I have software application which can execute text like "select 'ok' where 1=1 and 2=2" directly. After the execution the result is 'OK'. But the whole process only can run one <stmnt>....</stmnt> once. I expect to see all the result of the statment. <stmnt success='ok'>select 'ok' where 1=1 and 2=2</stmnt> <stmnt success='abc'>select 'a'||'b'||'c' where 1=0 or 1=1</stmnt> <stmnt success='ok'>select 'ok' where not exists (select 'mustfail' where 1=0 and 2=0)</stmnt> Thanks!

I'm still not sure exactly what is the resulting markup/text you desire, but if it's plain text containing the text of all "stmnt" elements, then

<xsl:template match="stmnt"><xsl:value-of select="."/></xsl:template>

Is the only template you need. You can even remove the one you have already.If it's anything else, please give a more concreate example of what is the result you want to get.

Archived