some guidance needed plz help!!!!!!!

shbrij

Hello All,I need some guidance. I have got the knowlege of HTML,XHTML etc where i can creat the basic websites now i want to either learn PHP or ASP could anyone give me the suggesstion that which one is betther over the other? Also i m on windows vista i have enabled IIS 7.0 server for ASP and it works fine now how would i run ASP thru that server i tried to search that online but couldn't find the instructions on it. So can someone plz help me? Also i guess although i don't know the javascript or vbscript i don't need to learn that first to learn either of these languages is that right?Any suggesstion for a website where i can learn ASP from the scratch? Thanks heaps.Regards, :)

On the asp and php i suggest you to go with php. PHP is free and you can have lots of freewares and guidence for it. Though asp is not bad.

Also i m on windows vista i have enabled IIS 7.0 server for ASP and it works fine now how would i run ASP thru that server i tried to search that online but couldn't find the instructions on it. So can someone plz help me?
When you instal the IIS then there must be a folder on c: or the windows drive "inetpub" have you seen it. There you save your asp files. you can also change the folder you keep your server files. Goto control panel and administrator tools and then Internet Infromation Services. There search on and you can get to change the destination folder of your serve files.you can learn asp from w3schools website and for more search.

Archived