convert javascript to server side language, which is best?

MarcP

I would like to convert an executeable program that is written in javascript to a server side language so that the program can be run from the net and I need to know which is the easiest way to go....... either ASP or PHP. My program has quite a bit of "if else " scenarios. Thank you all in advanceMarc

PHP is a lot like C (so a lot like javascript) and comes default on Apache servers which is more or less the industry standard.
No it doesn't. You have to download it and install it separately. It's not bundled with Apache.Available on most Apache hosts - yes, but is not to say it comes on all Apache servers.I think the easiest way would be ASP.NET adjusted to run as JScript. As far as I'm aware, JScript doesn't have that much differences than JavaScript. Infact, if your executable program is actually running on Windows, it already uses JScript.

No it doesn't. You have to download it and install it separately. It's not bundled with Apache.Available on most Apache hosts - yes, but is not to say it comes on all Apache servers.I think the easiest way would be ASP.NET adjusted to run as JScript. As far as I'm aware, JScript doesn't have that much differences than JavaScript. Infact, if your executable program is actually running on Windows, it already uses JScript.
Thank you I appreciate your infoM~

Available on most Apache hosts - yes, but is not to say it comes on all Apache servers.
Yah, that's what I meant. Hosts running Apache, who typically provide all the add-on features because it's just good business to do so. I take it for granted that most of our visitors are renting space on a host rather than running their own servers. It's the common thing to do, and it seems that most hosts are running Linux and Apache with all the trimmings. My own host offers a choice between Windows and Linux, but the Windows option is clearly for a niche market. My employer runs Apache on Unix, if that's possible. Linux, if it's not. I'm not really sure. (Gawd, 5 years ago, the big stuff still ran on VMS. How time-warp is that?)

Archived