formatting text?

astralaaron

lol thank you for takeing the time do find that, I havent tried it or comprehended it yet but it sounds like it will do the job :)
Thanks for the thanks, always appreciated. (I sort of chastized a person for being rude yesterday, maybe not my finest hour, only, he was just being crummy to all these people I respect, you know, so maybe I did the right thing. You're cool, though.)But FWIW, apart for our deep abiding love for our <cough> fellow humans </cough>, I think folks like me and JSG and all the rest like to solve puzzles, especially when we know that the solution may improve our own work at some time. I just knew that a regex was going to do this thing, and I stretched my abilities till I got it solved. And I reminded myself that my regex skills have A LOT of stretching yet to do.And don't feel like you have to comprehend a regex if you don't want. You could go your whole life and never use one, especially with languages like PHP simplifying so much stuff. If the thing works, it works. Like, do you really know how a halogen light bulb works? Most people don't know and don't care. Flip the switch, and it's on.But if you want to look into regex, man, there is POWER.And I learned it all working in PERL, yes PERL, where regex is half the knowledge base. PHP should really have faster support for regex.

Archived