XMLSpy tool

jle

I haven't used it, but from the screenshots and feature descriptions I see, I'm not inclined to try it either.I use Stylus Studio, and I'm very happy with it. It has all features I've ever wanted from an XML editor, and more.Such features include, but are not limited to, WYSIWYG XSLT designer (if your output is going to be (X)HTML), visual Schema and WSDL editor, Schema validator (i.e. it can check your schema file for errors or validate XML files against one), generator for DTD or Schemas from a sample XML, preview window for the output from XSLT or XQuery (viewable as plain text, tree, or IE), rendering of FO files into PDFs, and much much more.

WYSIWYG ... XSLT??? How does that work - does the user supply sample XML documents?

WYSIWYG ... XSLT??? How does that work - does the user supply sample XML documents?
I wondered that myself. And its actually a very clever way of doing it. You actually need basic XSLT knowledge if you are to use XSLT's potential. Otherwise, you're really just using an HTML WYSIWYG editor.But it's hard to really explain in words. Watch the video and see for yourself.

Hi Jodie,Re: Hi All,I am planning to buy XMLSpy for the use of compliing the XSL and XSLT. Do you have any input about this tool or do you know any other competitive products.Thanks.JLBy far XMLSpy is the better tool for working with XSLT or any xml related technologies! There are plenty of competitive products these days for this, but it's really up to you, the user, to evaluate them for yourself and determine your budget! XMLSpy offers a fully functional evaluation of all their software products so I suggest you download it and give it a try! It really depends on exactly what you're requirements are and what your level of expertise is. XMLSpy is available in a couple of editions so check out their feature matrix page and download the one that's right for you.If you're looking for a tool that will create your XSLT for you through the use of a drag and drop GUI, then you can also check out StyleVision. You can supply a sample xml or database tables :) They put together a nice video hereFeel free to contact me directly anytime if you need any help.Best Regards,Jerry Sheehan

Archived