Back funtionality with relevant querystring

kurt.santo

On a website I work on on search.php the user can select a region and depending on his/her choice the counties are displayed. Placing the relevant county onto the querysting he/she sees on the following listing.php the relevant companies for a given county. I would like to offer the possibility to go back to the search as it was. This means that the same region will be placed onto querystring when going back to search.php. Is this sth to be done with JavaScript? Or better server side?Kurt

So there's going to be something like a "New Search" button? I think I'd make that a little bitty form and preload the hidden values at php time. 'Cos you're going to have 'em there in listing.php anyway, right?

So there's going to be something like a "New Search" button? I think I'd make that a little bitty form and preload the hidden values at php time. 'Cos you're going to have 'em there in listing.php anyway, right?
Yes, I want to have a new search and a return to search button. I did not really get what you meant by your explanation. Could you let me know what this exactly means? This would be great!Kurt

Yes, I want to have a new search and a return to search button. I did not really get what you meant by your explanation. Could you let me know what this exactly means? This would be great!
Now I'm the one who's confused. From whence is the user returning to search?Maybe you could give a likely sequence of events that would lead the user to this situation?

Now I'm the one who's confused. From whence is the user returning to search?Maybe you could give a likely sequence of events that would lead the user to this situation?
Sorry... Try it again: the user selects a region, goes to to county page relevant to choosen region and then he goes to company in choose county. From company page he/she should be able to go back to county page with same county he/she choose before. From county page he/she should be able to go back to region page with region selected as before. I did implement it server side with passing of values in the querystring, just wondered if Javascript might be better for that (if not, this question comes from simple Javascript ignorance...)...Kurt

If the company page is static (just an html file) then the link to the county page could be hand-coded into the appropriate link. If the company page is generated by php, then the link to the county page could be written by php at the same time.Or have I missed something?

If the company page is static (just an html file) then the link to the county page could be hand-coded into the appropriate link. If the company page is generated by php, then the link to the county page could be written by php at the same time.Or have I missed something?
No, do not worry. They are all php pages, I use the server side way of doing it... Thank you for your input.Kurt

Archived