retrieve a cookie value

xbl1

Hi:I am testing how to retrieve a cookie value, but i could not retrieve a cookie value properly. could anyone help, thank.my browser is Firefox 2.0.0.14, and i went to the following path to pick a cookiename, and try to print out the content of the cookie, sometime it works, sometimes it does not work.tool-> options-> showcookies and <?phpecho $_COOKIE["homepage"];?>

One thing to note about cookies is that you cannot retrieve a cookie immediately after you send it.for example:

<?phpsetcookie("test","test");echo $_COOKIE['test']?>

if you open this page for the first time, echo $_COOKIE["test"] will not output anything because first the cookie is sent to the browser, next time when you open this page again the browser sends the cookie back to server and then you will see it.That's why as you say sometimes (for the first time) you can't see it sometimes you can.

One thing to note about cookies is that you cannot retrieve a cookie immediately after you send it.for example:
<?phpsetcookie("test","test");echo $_COOKIE['test']?>

if you open this page for the first time, echo $_COOKIE["test"] will not output anything because first the cookie is sent to the browser, next time when you open this page again the browser sends the cookie back to server and then you will see it.That's why as you say sometimes (for the first time) you can't see it sometimes you can.

Thanks, you are right. it is better to put setting a cookie value and writting a cookie value in different script.

I am sorry that the same problem still not solve.my code as following:login_process3.php

if(isset($_SESSION['login_remember'])){	  $email= $_SESSION['login_email'];	  $id=getId($email);	  setcookie("qq", "", time()-3600);	  setcookie("qq", $id, time()+60*60*24*360, "/");	  header ("location: index.php");   }   else{	  $email= $_SESSION['login_email'];	  $id=getId($email);	  setcookie("qq", "", time()-3600);	  setcookie("qq", $id, time()+60*60*24*1, "/");	  header ("location: index.php");   }

///////////////////index.php

<?phpif (isset($_COOKIE["qq"])){	$id=$_COOKIE["qq"];   $DisplayName=getDisplayName($id);   echo "<li id=\"welcome\"> Welcome to " . $DisplayName . " !</li>";}else{	 echo (" <li><a href=\"Login.php\" >Login</a></li>");}?>

Archived