error: mysqli_num_rows() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given

kurt.santo

Using:

$query = "SELECT user_id FROM users WHERE email='".  escape_data($_POST['email']) . "'";				$result = mysqli_query ($dbc, $query) or trigger_error("Query: $query\n<br />MySQL Error: " . mysql_error());		if (mysqli_num_rows($dbc, $result) == 1) {

I get the error message:mysqli_num_rows() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given $dbc has to be used with mysqli. What is going wrong here? Anyone knows what is wrong with my code?Kurt

Using:
		$query = "SELECT user_id FROM users WHERE email='".  escape_data($_POST['email']) . "'";				$result = mysqli_query ($dbc, $query) or trigger_error("Query: $query\n<br />MySQL Error: " . mysql_error());		if (mysqli_num_rows($dbc, $result) == 1) {

I get the error message:mysqli_num_rows() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given $dbc has to be used with mysqli. What is going wrong here? Anyone knows what is wrong with my code?Kurt

I just found how ignorant I was to assume you always have to use $dbc with any mysqli function. It works with "if (mysqli_num_rows($result) == 1)"... Sorry, to have bothered.Kurt

Archived