Gridview

mambroseuk

I'm fairly new to ASP.net but am a veteran when it comes to ASP and XHTML therefore i am used to formatting HTML exactly how i want it. However the problem i am faced with is trying to remove the border attribute from the generated table when using ASP.NET gridview.I have seen some people ask the same questions as border is deprecated so i would like it removed.However the only thing i have come up with is by specifying in the .net code: GridLines="None", however this only sets the border attribute to '0' from '1' which frankly makes no difference at all as i want the actual attribute removed from the generated code. :)

I'm fairly new to ASP.net but am a veteran when it comes to ASP and XHTML therefore i am used to formatting HTML exactly how i want it. However the problem i am faced with is trying to remove the border attribute from the generated table when using ASP.NET gridview.I have seen some people ask the same questions as border is deprecated so i would like it removed.However the only thing i have come up with is by specifying in the .net code: GridLines="None", however this only sets the border attribute to '0' from '1' which frankly makes no difference at all as i want the actual attribute removed from the generated code. :)
Unfortunately many ASP.Net controls do not produce XHTML strict code. The only way around this is to create your own control.

Archived