Can someone with IE6 check this out

pahiker

I tried checking this page with BrowserShots.org and CrossBrowserTesting.com, and I'm getting two different results. Since both of these, I'm assuming, are simulations, I'd like to see what someone with IE6 actually sees.CrossBrowser:Picture1.pngBrowserShots:Picture2.pngThanks,Mike

The menu is placed where it should in both IE7 and IE6 using XP. The problem with the menu in IE6 is that it doesn't do the hover effect that you have. The mouse does change to a hand indicating a link.Additionally, in IE7, the menu is too jumpy probably because the hover effect need some padding/margin adjustment. This doesn't occur in FF. In rare cases, you may need to use Conditional Comments to make it work like FF.Also, the 3D border around each link differ in color in FF vs either IE versions. Also, the link text in IE6 differs from FF & IE7.Finally, the menu does not fixed into position like you had before to where it doesn't scroll with the content. Maybe you meant to let it scroll. If so, then that is fine.Otherwise, it's located where you need it.

The menu is placed where it should in both IE7 and IE6 using XP. The problem with the menu in IE6 is that it doesn't do the hover effect that you have. The mouse does change to a hand indicating a link.Additionally, in IE7, the menu is too jumpy probably because the hover effect need some padding/margin adjustment. This doesn't occur in FF. In rare cases, you may need to use Conditional Comments to make it work like FF.Also, the 3D border around each link differ in color in FF vs either IE versions. Also, the link text in IE6 differs from FF & IE7.Finally, the menu does not fixed into position like you had before to where it doesn't scroll with the content. Maybe you meant to let it scroll. If so, then that is fine.Otherwise, it's located where you need it.
Some sacrifices had to be made, at least from my tech level. I cannot get the fixed positioning to work with IE6, so I gave up on it until IE6 reaches less than 1/3 of the market.I will work on the jumpiness when I get back to work on Tuesday, there I can do testing on IE7. I am aware of the color differences, but I'm not sure just where the problem is, apparently more quirks in IE as it looks fine in the other browsers I tested with.I'm not sure what you mean by the link text differing, can you give me an example? I'm guessing that it doesn't work in IE6?

The text color is not the same in IE6 vs IE7 & FF.
Yeah, I know. IE6 is ignoring the color code. I tried for yellow at the upper level, white for the lower. Additionally, I am indenting the text at the lower level, and IE6 is ignoring that as well.

Archived