my login php not work ?

KYKK

Hi use I have a database ksclans_GAME i check if it connect and it ck....and here the code

<html><body><?phprequire_once 'db.php';$page_mode = isset($_POST['page_mode']) ? $_POST['page_mode'] : '';$error_string = '';if ($page_mode == 'login'){$name = $_POST['name'];$password = $_POST['password'];if (trim($name) == '' || trim($password) == '')$error_string .= 'Please enter your name and password.<br>';else{$result =("SELECT name, password FROM users");if ($row['password'] != ($password))$error_string .= 'The password did not match.<br>';else{$_SESSION['user_password'] = $row['password'];$_SESSION['user_name'] = $row['name'];{if ($row['password'] = ($password))setcookie('user', 'name', time()+86400, '', 'ksbsm.co.cc');}if ($row['password'] = ($password))echo "Hello World";}exit();}}?><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"><html><body><div class="error_text"><?php echo $error_string; ?></div><form action="login2.php" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="page_mode" value="login"><div class="left_box">name</div><divclass="right_box"><input type="text" name="name" size="30"maxlength="255" value=""></div><div class="left_box">Password</div><div class="right_box"><input type="password" name="password" size="40"></div><div class="left_box"> </div><div class="right_box"><input type="submit" value="Log In" size="40"></div><?phpecho $_COOKIE["name"];?></form></body></html>

and here my question,,<?phpecho $_COOKIE["name"];?>if ($row['password'] = ($password))setcookie('user', 'name', time()+86400, '', 'ksbsm.co.cc');do i set echo name ? or user but anyway, so it won't show the echo name or user i try both... and it show no form after i put in name and pass to "login" ...but it show the Hello before (like a new PC go to the page) i put in and after i put in there only the Hello left no formpwhy ? I set if ($row['password'] = ($password)) then echo but it still echo ??

The first parameter is the cookie's name, the second the value.By the way are you sure you don't mean

if ($row['password'] == ($password))

?

yse it mean the password is right....right?if ($row['password'] != ($password))$error_string .= 'The password did not match.<br>';else{///so if password is wrong then if ($row['password'] = ($password))setcookie('user', 'name', time()+86400, '', 'ksbsm.co.cc');}///if it right then set cookieif ($row['password'] = ($password))echo "Hello World";}///if it right then say something....______________________________________________________________________________when i waiting i read...http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=12509and here what it should after i "login"Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_query() in /home/ksclans/public_html/login1.php on line 19and this line 19 $result = db_query("SELECT id, name, password FROM users WHERE email='" . mysql_real_escape_string($email) . "'");what that mean and what is the problem ?

what that mean and what is the problem ?
db_query is a custom function, you have to define it or else just use mysql_query().
yse it mean the password is right....right?
Currently you are using the assignment (=) operator, not the equality (==) one.

Archived