Form security/validation

unplugged_web

What's the code for this file: 'includes/security-image.inc.php' that you require() in your security-image.phpAlso, you DO have the GD library for PHP right?In your php.ini file, you removed the semicolon in front of:;extension=php_gd2.dllRight?

What's the code for this file: 'includes/security-image.inc.php' that you require() in your security-image.phpAlso, you DO have the GD library for PHP right?In your php.ini file, you removed the semicolon in front of:;extension=php_gd2.dllRight?
The includes/security-mage.inc.php file is:
<?php   class SecurityImage {	  var $oImage;	  var $iWidth;	  var $iHeight;	  var $iNumChars;	  var $iNumLines;	  var $iSpacing;	  var $sCode;	  	  function SecurityImage($iWidth = 150, $iHeight = 30, $iNumChars = 5, $iNumLines = 30) {		 // get parameters		 $this->iWidth = $iWidth;		 $this->iHeight = $iHeight;		 $this->iNumChars = $iNumChars;		 $this->iNumLines = $iNumLines;		 		 // create new image		 $this->oImage = imagecreate($iWidth, $iHeight);		 		 // allocate white background colour		 imagecolorallocate($this->oImage, 255, 255, 255);		 		 // calculate spacing between characters based on width of image		 $this->iSpacing = (int)($this->iWidth / $this->iNumChars);	  }	  	  function DrawLines() {		 for ($i = 0; $i < $this->iNumLines; $i++) {			$iRandColour = rand(190, 250);			$iLineColour = imagecolorallocate($this->oImage, $iRandColour, $iRandColour, $iRandColour);			imageline($this->oImage, rand(0, $this->iWidth), rand(0, $this->iHeight), rand(0, $this->iWidth), rand(0, $this->iHeight), $iLineColour);		 }	  }	  	  function GenerateCode() {		 // reset code		 $this->sCode = '';		 		 // loop through and generate the code letter by letter		 for ($i = 0; $i < $this->iNumChars; $i++) {			// select random character and add to code string			$this->sCode .= chr(rand(65, 90));						/********************************************/			/* alternatively replace the line above	 */			/* with the following code to enable		*/			/* support for arbitrary characters		 */			/********************************************/						// characters to use			// $aChars = array('A', 'B', 'C', '3', 'g');						// get number of characters			// $iTotal = count($aChars) - 1;			// get random index			// $iIndex = rand(0, $iTotal);			// add selected character to code string			// $this->sCode .= $aChars[$iIndex];						/********************************************/			/* End of optional code					 */			/********************************************/		 }	  }	  	  function DrawCharacters() {		 // loop through and write out selected number of characters		 for ($i = 0; $i < strlen($this->sCode); $i++) {			// select random font			$iCurrentFont = rand(1, 5);			$size = rand(12, 16);						// select random greyscale colour			$iRandColour = rand(0, 128);			$iTextColour = imagecolorallocate($this->oImage, $iRandColour, $iRandColour, $iRandColour);						// write text to image			imagestring($this->oImage, $iCurrentFont, $this->iSpacing / 3 + $i * $this->iSpacing, ($this->iHeight - imagefontheight($iCurrentFont)) / 2, $this->sCode[$i], $iTextColour);		 }	  }	  	  function Create($sFilename = '') {		 // check for existance of GD GIF library		 if (!function_exists('imagegif')) {			return false;		 }		 		 $this->DrawLines();		 $this->GenerateCode();		 $this->DrawCharacters();		 		 // write out image to file or browser		 if ($sFilename != '') {			// write stream to file			imagegif($this->oImage, $sFilename);		 } else {			// tell browser that data is gif			header('Content-type: image/gif');						// write stream to browser			imagegif($this->oImage);		 }		 		 // free memory used in creating image		 imagedestroy($this->oImage);		 		 return true;	  }	  	  function GetCode() {		 return $this->sCode;	  }   }?>

and yep, I've definately got the gd library installed.

<?php   // include security image class   require('includes/security-image.inc.php');     // start PHP session   session_start();     // get parameters   isset($_GET['width']) ? $iWidth = (int)$_GET['width'] : $iWidth = 180;   isset($_GET['height']) ? $iHeight = (int)$_GET['height'] : $iHeight = 60;     // create new image   $oSecurityImage = new SecurityImage($iWidth, $iHeight);   $oSecurityImage->Create(); // Whoops, forgot this line!	  // assign corresponding code to session variable	  // for checking against user entered value	  $_SESSION['code'] = $oSecurityImage->GetCode();?>

Try that.

Okay done that, but I'm afraid we're back to the original error:

Error: E_NOTICEURL: http://www.xxxxxx.com/jointest.phpFile: /home/default/xxxxxx.com/user/htdocs/jointest.phpLine: 128Message: Undefined index:  code

Line 128 is:

if (strtoupper($captcha) != $_SESSION['code'])

Also the gd extension in the php.ini file is:

; Tell the jpeg decode to libjpeg warnings and try to create; a gd image. The warning will then be displayed as notices; disabled by default;gd.jpeg_ignore_warning = 0; Enable gd extension moduleextension=gd.so

Okay done that, but I'm afraid we're back to the original error:
Error: E_NOTICEURL: http://www.xxxxxx.com/jointest.phpFile: /home/default/xxxxxx.com/user/htdocs/jointest.phpLine: 128Message: Undefined index:  code

Line 128 is:

if (strtoupper($captcha) != $_SESSION['code'])

Also the gd extension in the php.ini file is:

; Tell the jpeg decode to libjpeg warnings and try to create; a gd image. The warning will then be displayed as notices; disabled by default;gd.jpeg_ignore_warning = 0; Enable gd extension moduleextension=gd.so

Go to function: DrawCharacters() in the scurity-image.inc.php
	  	  function DrawCharacters() {		 // loop through and write out selected number of characters		 $_SESSION['code'] = $this->sCode;		 for ($i = 0; $i < strlen($this->sCode); $i++) {			// select random font			$iCurrentFont = rand(1, 5);			$size = rand(12, 16);						// select random greyscale colour			$iRandColour = rand(0, 128);			$iTextColour = imagecolorallocate($this->oImage, $iRandColour, $iRandColour, $iRandColour);						// write text to image			imagestring($this->oImage, $iCurrentFont, $this->iSpacing / 3 + $i * $this->iSpacing, ($this->iHeight - imagefontheight($iCurrentFont)) / 2, $this->sCode[$i], $iTextColour);		 }	  }

Try that.Edit: Also go to function create();

function Create($sFilename = '') {		 // check for existance of GD PNG library		 if (!function_exists('imagepng')) {			return false;		 }				 $this->DrawLines();		 $this->GenerateCode();		 $this->DrawCharacters();				 // write out image to file or browser		 if ($sFilename != '') {			// write stream to file			imagepng($this->oImage, $sFilename);		 } else {			// tell browser that data is png			header('Content-type: image/png');						// write stream to browser			imagepng($this->oImage);		 }				 // free memory used in creating image		 imagedestroy($this->oImage);				 return true;	  }

Let's try imagepng(); Your GD version may have problems with the GIF format...

Go to function: DrawCharacters() in the scurity-image.inc.php
	  	  function DrawCharacters() {		 // loop through and write out selected number of characters		 $_SESSION['code'] = $this->sCode;		 for ($i = 0; $i < strlen($this->sCode); $i++) {			// select random font			$iCurrentFont = rand(1, 5);			$size = rand(12, 16);						// select random greyscale colour			$iRandColour = rand(0, 128);			$iTextColour = imagecolorallocate($this->oImage, $iRandColour, $iRandColour, $iRandColour);						// write text to image			imagestring($this->oImage, $iCurrentFont, $this->iSpacing / 3 + $i * $this->iSpacing, ($this->iHeight - imagefontheight($iCurrentFont)) / 2, $this->sCode[$i], $iTextColour);		 }	  }

Try that.Edit: Also go to function create();

function Create($sFilename = '') {		 // check for existance of GD PNG library		 if (!function_exists('imagepng')) {			return false;		 }				 $this->DrawLines();		 $this->GenerateCode();		 $this->DrawCharacters();				 // write out image to file or browser		 if ($sFilename != '') {			// write stream to file			imagepng($this->oImage, $sFilename);		 } else {			// tell browser that data is png			header('Content-type: image/png');						// write stream to browser			imagepng($this->oImage);		 }				 // free memory used in creating image		 imagedestroy($this->oImage);				 return true;	  }

Let's try imagepng(); Your GD version may have problems with the GIF format...

Nope sorry I'm still getting the same error. If I don't try and get the php to validate it then the image shows up, but as soon as I try to validate it via php I just get the error saying 'Undefined index' The problem is that without checking the characters somebody has entered it's just an image and not a security deterrent.

Nope sorry I'm still getting the same error. If I don't try and get the php to validate it then the image shows up, but as soon as I try to validate it via php I just get the error saying 'Undefined index' The problem is that without checking the characters somebody has entered it's just an image and not a security deterrent.
Okay, I changed something on the php page and now the image is displaying :) , but it still isn't checking what somebody has added in to the field. The function is now:
function init()	{		global $g;		global $l;		global $gc;		$name = get_param("join_handle", "");		$pass = get_param("join_password", "");		$pass2 = get_param("verify_password", "");		$mail = get_param("email", "");		$mail2 = get_param("verify_email", "");		$captcha = get_param("code", "");		$this->message = "";		if (strtoupper($captcha) != $_SESSION['code'])		{			$this->message .= $l['join.php']['incorrect_security_code'] . "<br>";		}		if (strlen($name) < 4 or strlen($name) > 20 or strpos($name, "'") !== false)		{			$this->message .= $l['join.php']['another_username'] . "<br>";		}		if ($mail != $mail2 or strlen($mail) > 100 or !preg_match("/^[a-zA-Z-_\.0-9]{1,100}@[a-zA-Z-_\.0-9]{1,100}\.[a-zA-Z-_\.0-9]{1,100}$/", $mail))		{			$this->message .= $l['join.php']['incorrect_email'] . "<br>";		}		if ($pass != $pass2 or strlen($pass) > 15 or strlen($pass) < 6 or strpos($pass, "'") !== false)		{			$this->message .= $l['join.php']['incorrect_password'] . "<br>";		}		if (DB::result("SELECT user_id FROM user WHERE name=" . to_sql($name, "Text") . ";") != "")		{			$this->message .= $l['join.php']['exists_username'] . "<br>";		}		if (DB::result("SELECT user_id FROM user WHERE mail=" . to_sql($mail, "Text") . ";") != "")		{			$this->message .= $l['join.php']['exists_email'] . "<br>";		}		$month = (int) get_param("month", 1);		$day = (int) get_param("day", 1);		$year = (int) get_param("year", 1980);		if ($month < 1 or $month > 12 or $day < 1 or $day > 31 or $year < 1906 or $year > date("Y") - $g['options']['users_age'] + 1)		{			$this->message .= $l['join.php']['incorrect_date'] . "<br>";		}		if ($this->message == "")		{			set_session("j_name", $name);			set_session("j_password", $pass);			set_session("j_mail", $mail);			set_session("j_month", $month);			set_session("j_day", $day);			set_session("j_year", $year);			set_session("j_country", get_param("country", 1));			set_session("j_orientation", get_param("orientation", 1));			if ($g['options']['fast_join'] == "N" and isset($gc) and $gc) redirect("join_space.php");			elseif ($g['options']['fast_join'] == "N") redirect("join2.php");			else			{				$this->add_user();				#echo get_session("user_id");				redirect("home.php");			}		}	}

but

$captcha = get_param("code", "");		$this->message = "";		if (strtoupper($captcha) != $_SESSION['code'])		{			$this->message .= $l['join.php']['incorrect_security_code'] . "<br>";		}

is the bit that doesn't seem to be workingThank you for helping me to get this working

Archived