Installing PHP

shadowayex

I was wondering if it'd be smart to install PHP on my computer. Right now I'm using a free hosting site and it's HTML Editor kind of sucks, but it has an option where I can upload files. I was thinking I could install PHP on my computer, use ConTEXT (a really cool editor) to develop my pages, test them like usual, then upload them onto the server, or should I just stick to using their editor?

I don't see why not.If you really want to learn PHP, you should have it on your computer so you can test all your scripts via localhost.PHP is even easier to install if you're working on Windows; programs like AppServ, XAMPP, WAMP... make all the work for you.

Well actually, I would still probably use the database for the website anyways. I'd just need PHP installed so it'd read it on my computer. I'm going to go get it now. Thanks.

Which one did you install?If it was just PHP, then to view PHP pages in your browser you'll need to download a server such as Apache.If you downloaded a package such as WAMP, you have to place your files in the wamp/www/ folder and access them on http://localhost/.

Archived