New to Javascript...

gsempcb

Hello, I am new to Javascript, but have been doing some light studying and practicing of it (mostly via w3school.com's tutorials).But I have an idea for something I would like to incorporate into a website, and wanted to see if there was already some code that might already be in place/standard for what I am thinking.Many sites today have the "Rounded-rectangle" smooth look in the aesthetics of their website. Suppose there is a vertical rounded-rectangle on the right side of the page that just sort of complements or adds to the content offered by the given page at/within the site. That is, what is inside the rectangle might change, from page to page within the site--be it text, image(s), link(s), flash movies, controls for a form, adbanner(s), inline frames, etc .etc. Regarding the location of the rectangle, I would like it to stay aligned to the right of the user's browser/display, but "move" up and down with the users's scrolling, is anything like that in place?I'm just wondering if there is any code that would let me define the rectangle, then put parameters around it that say something like, "Keep it aligned right, but not to exceed a given point at the top or bottom of the page; and as user scrolls down <suchandsuchamount>, then rectangle scrolls down <suchandsuchamount>".I'm probably not using correct terms or thought process on the nature of Javascript syntax; but this is what I, as a beginner to Javascript, have in mind and wanted to ask about.Any input is appreciated--thank you, and God bless.

I'm sure there'll be better replies, but I wonder if you'd do better with an absolutely positioned div whose backbround image had the rounded corners you want. So that's more a matter of designing the thing and placing it with CSS.

That looks great--I will be sure to play around with those a bit. Thank you for the resource.Deirdre's Dad: This probably goes back to my ignorance, but when you say "div", what are you referring to?God bless.

Archived