Background colours not printed

son

I use the background-color in several places to embellish the appearance of a website I designed. Now printing out one of the pages there is no background-color applied to the printed document. I specified in linked stylesheet 'media="all"' and also tried 'media="print"'. Same result. Why is that?Son

Browsers have an option to not print backgrounds. For example, in FireFox 3, if you go to File -> Page Setup, you will see a checkbox saying "Print Background (colors and images)". This needs to be checked for backgrounds to print.

Browsers have an option to not print backgrounds. For example, in FireFox 3, if you go to File -> Page Setup, you will see a checkbox saying "Print Background (colors and images)". This needs to be checked for backgrounds to print.
Found it now in IE7 and FF. Is this the standard not to print bg colours (I never set this option in any browser)? THe page does not look the greatest when no bg colours are printed (have square areas, which need the bg colour). What is the common solution to problems like that? An alternative stylesheet for printing would not help as I would be faced with same problem...Son

Is this the standard not to print bg colours (I never set this option in any browser)? THe page does not look the greatest when no bg colours are printed (have square areas, which need the bg colour).
Think back to the old days with 5-tone laserjets - backgrounds may not look so fantastic then :)
An alternative stylesheet for printing would not help as I would be faced with same problem...
You could have borders delimit the areas in the print stylesheet.

Think back to the old days with 5-tone laserjets - backgrounds may not look so fantastic then :)You could have borders delimit the areas in the print stylesheet.
Tried that already, not the greatest for this webpage. Nevermind...Son

Archived