Extending Left Column

Skemcin

Plain and simple - just as the post topic says. I've tried a wide variety of techniques but I cannot seem to get the left column's grey background to extend to the bottom of the page.Here is what I've tried in a variety on implementations:overflow:auto;overflow:hidden;min-height:XXpx;height:100%;background:#FFF repeat-y url('/_images/bg-leftsidediv.jpg');background-repeat:repeat-y;Here are two template page examples to review:http://www.metropolis3.com/v6/template_level_A.cfmhttp://www.metropolis3.com/v6/template_level_B.cfmIf you're using Firefox with the Web Developer Tool Bar, it should be pretty easy to play with the page - everything is right in the source - stylesheets are rendered dynamically in the page (not a static reference).Thanks in advance.BTW: The desired look and feel (other than the left column grey extending down) has been tested in Windows 2000 Professional with IE6, FF3, and Opera 9.50. I've not tested any other platforms yet, but if need be, I can post a screen shot of what it should look like if you are having problems viewing it or are not sure what you see is the desired result.

First, at the very bottom of the #page division, before the closing tag, put an empty division with with a CSS clear property of both. This extends the #page division all the way down. Remove the height property too.Then, you can give the #page division the background property of:

background:#FFF url('_images/bg-leftsidediv.jpg') repeat-y left top;

Now it should work. Change the colour of bg-leftsidediv.jpg to match that of the column, though, as it is black in my browser.

@SynookLove it - thanks a ton - very nice.I had the bg image black to make sure I saw it when it rendered. The dynamic paths created by the application had the CSS looking for the image in the root images folder and not the location I actually had the templates (v6). When they move up I'll just have to remember to pull that from the CSS.Thanks again. Looks perfect - the designer will be VERY pleased.

Archived