Themes question.

Yvil

Hello everybody!I'm pretty new to (X)HTML/CSS, but now I've build a website totally the way I like it and everything works just fine (in IE, not in Firefox, but that's not my question :)), but my question is:I made 2 themes, which are perfectly the same exept for the colors. Is there a way I can make a link people can click so it switches CSS?Because now I have 2 copies of every page; one in theme one, one in theme two.It works just fine as it is, but it would spare lots of time if I wouldn't have to edit every page twice :).Does anyone have a solution?

You can click to change CSS, you want to switch an entire CSS sheet right? You need to apply a bit of javascript though because CSS doesn't deal with behaviours.I believe you need to load an alternate stylesheet to the same page, I just quickly googled something, hope it helps.http://www.thesitewizard.com/javascripts/c...le-sheets.shtml

Reading it right now, looks okay and (most important) it looks like something even I can use (!).Thanks,~Yvil--EDIT--Doesn't work (strange, everything is like it should be)..Anyways, I'll be looking for an alternative (without freaking JavaScript, I'm only into (X)HTML/CSS at the moment)..Thanks for your reaction anyways!

Doesn't work (strange, everything is like it should be)..
You could let us help you make it work. :)
Anyways, I'll be looking for an alternative (without freaking JavaScript, I'm only into (X)HTML/CSS at the moment)..
There is no mechanism for dynamic actions in HTML / CSS. JavaScript or a server-side language is the only way.

Archived