Social Networking Site Project

Covandy

Hi, I am currently starting work on a social networking website. This is only a personal project at the moment as I have not quite obtained most of the skills I yet need and have a lot of spare time to learn. This is so I can develop my skills as I am currently confident in coding (X)HTML and CSS. I know some Javascript and I am starting to learn php and SQL. Its a big project but it will hopefully give me something to try out new skills with etc.I am abotu half way through creating and coding the Home page. I once I have done this I will start work on the sign up and forum submitting etc and saving the data to a database. What fields do you think are neccessary and do you think it is worth learning things like flash along the way? Also I know this is probably the wrong section for this but say for information that can be later edited like a bio or about me is it best to use a database or other file types for large textual info. Final question can databases store html?Thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...

With MySQL, you can create a database to hold your members. HTML can't do that. Use PHP to connect to that database and get the member's login name and password.. :)

Archived