simple CSS problem

thescientist

www.analogstudios.net/home.htmlwhere it says youtube and myspace, I want it to be one column, and where it says page content here, i want it to be another column. however, i can't even get the left column to show a border, just for posterities sake, meanwhile, the content section shows one. ultimately, I want the left column to occupy about 1/3 of the page, and the content to occupy the other 2/3's. I even tried lifting the code right out of w3chools and the damn page still wont do it. btw, i'm viewing in FF3, which is my default testing browse.heck, the left column wont even show a border while the content coumn does, with same freakin code.here's the CSS/* CSS Document *//* Formatting */body{ background-color: #000000;}p{ font-family: "Verdana", "Arial", "Helvetica", "sans-serif"; color: #FFFFFF;}/* Boxes */#container{ width: 800px; margin: auto; border-style: solid; border-color: #FFFFFF;}/*#banner{ width: 800px; margin: 0;}#link_container{ width: 800px; margin: 0; border-style: solid; border-color: #FFFFFF; color: #000000;}#body_container{ width: 800px; margin: 0; border-style: solid; border-color: #FFFFFF;}*/#left_column{ position: absolute; max-width: 226px; border-style: solid; border-color: #FFFFFF;} #content_column{ margin-left: 226px; border-style: solid; border-color: #FFFFFF;}this is so simple I can't believe I can't figure it out!!! I don't mid getting rid of the border stuff, I ust like to see it while I'm designing my pages. Like some sort of weird excel thingy.

wow, guess who's going out and getting those new lenses in his glasses! Wow, I knew it was something stupid, man, I'm a dolt! Thanks man!

Archived