Outputting HTML from the php file

grasperstail

So, I have a php/HTML form file. I validate the input in javascript. Once the validation is complete I want to send the HTML/CSS formatted form from the php file to the mail() function. I've loaded PEAR Mail_mime and am using that. I don't want to write the whole form out again. I would like to simply email the validated and formatted HTML already written. Any suggestions?Where can I go for instructions on this?

The only way I can think of is AJAX. Give your form an onsubmit that validates it and ultimately uses AJAX to submit the data to the server, then returns false. I actually happen to have a similar script from helping someone else, except it neither has validation nor submits the entire HTML. But I'm sure the validation and page submission can be tweaked into it (although I would remove, on the server side, the page's JS that's irrelevant to the email before sending).

<html>	<head>		<title>Titled Document</title>		<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"><!--			function AjaxForm(form, display){				var that = this;				this.form = typeof form == 'string' ? document.forms[form] : form;				this.form.onsubmit = function (){					that[that.form.method.toLowerCase()]();					return false;				};				this.display = typeof display == 'string' ? document.getElementById(display) : display;			}			AjaxForm.prototype = {				request: null,				post: function(){					var that = this;					this.request = null;					var parameters = [];					for(var i = 0; i < this.form.elements.length; i++){						var element = this.form.elements[i];						parameters.push(element.name + '=' + element.value);					}					parameters.push('ajax=true');					if (window.XMLHttpRequest) { // Mozilla, Safari,...						this.request = new XMLHttpRequest();						if (this.request.overrideMimeType) {							// set type accordingly to anticipated content type							//http_request.overrideMimeType('text/xml');							this.request.overrideMimeType('text/html');						}					} else if (window.ActiveXObject) { // IE						try {							this.request = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");						} catch (e) {							try {								this.request = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");							} catch (e) {}						}					}					if (!this.request) {						alert('Cannot create XMLHTTP instance');						return false;					}					this.request.onreadystatechange = function () {						if (that.request.readyState == 4) {							if (that.request.status == 200) {								var result = that.request.responseText;								//alert(result);								that.display.innerHTML = result;							} else {								alert('There was a problem with the request.');							}						}					};					parameters = parameters.join('&');					this.request.open('POST', this.form.action, true);					this.request.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");					this.request.setRequestHeader("Content-length", parameters.length);					this.request.setRequestHeader("Connection", "close");					this.request.send(parameters);				}			};			window.onload = function(){				var form1 = new AjaxForm('addfriend', 'addfriend');				var form2 = new AjaxForm('addfavourite', 'addfavourite');			};		//--></script>	</head>	<body>		<form action="addFriend.php" method="POST" name="addfriend" id="addfriend"> 			<input type="hidden" name="userID" id="userID" value="{me.id}"> 			<input type="hidden" name="friendID" id="friendID" value="{user.id}"> 			<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Add to friends" class="ajaxbutton"> 		</form>		<form action="addFavourite.php" method="POST" name="addfavourite" id="addfavourite"> 			<input type="hidden" name="userID" id="userID" value="{me.id}"> 			<input type="hidden" name="friendID" id="friendID" value="{user.id}"> 			<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Add to favorites" class="ajaxbutton"> 		</form>	</body></html>

Archived