Help - Border - Image - Overflow

ks2828282

All you experts,Using AntennaHouse i am developing a product to convert xml to pdf using XSLT. The product is for generating invoices. The need is 1. Border of 5 mm on each Page2. Logo of the company on each Page on the top3. Details of the calls which will overflow many pages.The problem is I am not able to have the Details of the calls and image insider the border. Is there a limitation in XSL?

I'm not sure I see your point...Are you basically trying to convert X(HT)ML into XSL-FO? I mean, XSLT can only convert one XML format into another. And PDF can usually be generated from XSL-FO documents.Well... what does your X(HT)ML look like, and what is the XSL-FO you're trying to achieve? Based on those two things, creating an XSLT file should be a piece of cake. If you don't know what is the exact XSL-FO, can you at least show your current XSL-FO, show a picture of its rendering, and show another picture (Photoshop-ed) showing how you want to make it look?

appreciate your quick response.Using XSL-FO, I have to make tables overflow as well as provide images and border on each page. Border is provided with the top-margin in region-body area and images are provided in region-before area. The problem is if I increase margin in these areas to make proper overflow of tables, I am not able to give border to the whole page, as these regions shift accordingly.thanks

I'm not sure I see your point...Are you basically trying to convert X(HT)ML into XSL-FO? I mean, XSLT can only convert one XML format into another. And PDF can usually be fetched from XSL-FO documents.Well... what does your X(HT)ML look like, and what is the XSL-FO you're trying to achieve? Based on those two things, creating an XSLT file should be a piece of cake.

I don't know about XSL-FO, but in CSS, you can create negative margins. Can you by any chance do the same in XSL-FO?Also, isn't there any "border" attribute somewhere you can use?Sorry, I'm not really into XSL-FO. I prefer plain ol' XHTML+CSS.

Archived