my site,what u think

Killcode

Generally nice. The colors are subtle and easy on the eyes, and the banner is pretty. I didn't search every line of code, but the layout is based on divs, and that's all to the good.Some suggestions.1. Your banner image is 124KB. That's huge and takes a while to load, even over my DSL. Try saving at a lower resolution. In Photoshop you can use the Save For Web feature and knock the quality down to 60-80 percent before any noticeable degradation appears. The image is also a bit tall for a banner. You could save some bytes just by making it shorter. I know that changes the whole design, but you asked.2. Dump the marquee. There's a reason you don't them used often, and it's not because people are unaware the tag exists. It's just plain annoying. :)3. Redesign your form using a table or small divs to hold the labels and the form elements. The goal is to get items to line up in an attractive way. To do that, you'll need something whose width you can control in CSS. You'll want to style the width of the text elements, too, so they look consistent and fit inside whatever containers you develop. (Text elements usually look better if you style their borders, too. A solid 1px #000000 would look nicer against your background, I think. Play with it, anyway.)4. The menu on the right should be in its own div, and the total width of that div and the form div should equal that of the container div. In my Firefox, the text on the left overlaps the menu in spots. You want to control that without guessing.

* The background flickers irritatingly when I scroll the page...* Contrast a bit low on the menu* Serif!* Perhaps a dark background for form elements for more consistent styling?* The gradient on the byline looks weird* "therefor at this state this site is recommended in internet explorer" - hmmmmm - you should always test on a standards-compliant browser first!

synook,its works perfectly in other browser's to,but i just get a few error's in my code that i haven't fixed yet,but i mainly tested on internet explore.Background seems to be fine at my end,but i agree with you, it may get messed up in some screen resolutions as i tested before but it isnt realy a big deal tbh :).

Archived