Using OVERVIEW in IE7

ron wilson

I am having a problem with the OVERFLOW property in IE7. The best way to show the problem is to refer to the example of the overflow property given in W3Schools which works as expected. However, if you insert the DOCTYPE code at the top of the W3S example, the overflow property in the example ceases to behave correctl. Setting overflow:visible seems to produce a broken version of overflow:auto. Anyone know what's up here?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having trouble understanding your problem. This is what I make of it all but I'm a newbie myself.Overflow: Visable means that the content will be visable regardless of the size of the element (i.e. a div?) (say you have lots of text but the div is smaller the picture will still show)Overflow: Hidden means that the content will cut off at the end of the element (i.e. a div?) and no scroll bars(say you have lots of text, this time it will cut off as the size the div is)Overflow: scroll means a scroll bar will be available to see th rest of the content without changing the size of the element.(say you have lots of text the scroll bar appears to let you see it)and auto basically does the same as scroll if the content is larger than the element.(if the text is bigger than the div there will be scroll bars)Hope that helps you understand, and I hope I'm correct, as I say I'm a newbie.

Archived